Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Why Consistency?

When I made the decision to start this blog, I committed myself to writing at least one post a week because I wanted my thoughts on paper to to give me a better picture of what I have encountered during the week. (I missed last week!)

Then it hit me!! I am not being consistent with what I have started.

Success is not a single act, but rather a daily habit. Whether you want to write a book, get fit, or lose weight, the key is consistency. (borrowed)

So here are a couple of random thoughts I  had and some I borrowed about consistency and how it can help to improve your daily life towards success:
  1. Consistency creates momentum.
  2. Consistency is a habit that can be practiced and learnt.
  3. Consistency breeds credibility.
  4. The person who takes action every single day toward the attainment of their goal will always triumph over those who do it every once in a while. Always.
  5. Many think consistency is purely a matter of willpower, and that people who are consistent have some kind of special ability to endure. Not true.
  6. Surprisingly, doing something every day or nearly every day is actually far easier to sustain than doing it once in awhile.
  7. Motivation is not enough. A person waiting for inspiration limits achievement to times when conditions are desirable. And conditions are rarely always desirable.
  8. Creating healthy rituals will take you further than desires and passions.
  9. Consistency will induce failure at some stage, which in turn provides valuable feedback, which ultimately leads to better results.
  10. Consistency is more about sustainability than it is about speed.
  11. To stay consistent is to show that you are someone that can be counted on and you will provide the same amount of service each time.
  12. Customers want and need a sense that the service they receive will be excellent each and every time they visit the vendor or company.
All is well

No comments:

Post a Comment